Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Burial of the Past



This photo shoot was an incredibly emotional process. The concept of laying the past to rest came to mind because when I decided to end my engagement, my ex told me that he didn't want the ring back. So I told him that I would bury it. Well I didn't get around to it immediately so eventually I decided that I would bury the ring on the day we had originally planned for the wedding - which I had wanted to be this Halloween. Originally I had planned for this to be my Halloween self portrait for the year and that I would also shoot it ON Halloween. 

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was too personal of a story for me to feel comfortable telling it myself. So I enlisted the help of my dearest soul sister, Britt. But I still had a lot of anxious feelings leading up to this shoot which took place just a few days ago), and the morning on the shoot I decided I couldn't wait any longer to get rid of this engagement ring. So we did the shoot and at the end of it I buried the ring in the hole we dug and I resolutely parted ways with that piece of my past. 

I'm just so grateful I have a friend who was willing to take time out of her life and travel several hours just to help me tell my tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment